Monday, July 12, 2010

Father/Daughter Camping

Rose and I headed East on Hwy 410 over Chinook pass for her turn at a one-on-one camping trip this year. We found a beautiful camp at Pleasant Valley campground. Our gorgeous site was right on the American River (that's our view above) and we had the campground almost totally to ourselves since it was a Sunday night. [Site #8, if anyone's interested--I believe they're reservable online]

Rose indulged me by posing by a waterfall and then some lingering snow along the road as we went back over the pass the next day.

Note how the creek in the ditch has melted a tunnel under the remaining snow next to her. (And how socked-in with fog the pass was.)


She sprinted away as I tried to get one more shot.




And then insisted on taking one of me. Not too bad!


1 Comments:

Blogger All About Charlie said...

Looks like a great spot. Rose has some good camera skills!

Tue Jul 13, 08:09:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home