Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice Skating

Last Saturday, looking for something new and exciting to do, we toted the kids down to Sprinker Rink in Spanaway to try ice skating for the first time. It had actually been many years since either Becky or I had been on skates too, so it was awkward all around. The kids were real troopers, but we spent the majority of our time going very slowly around the outside trying to hold them up. However, on the last round of Auggie and I going around by ourselves, he suddenly demanded that I let him go so he could try on his own. I relented and then watched in amazement as he skated slowly away from me--and somehow kept on going! I managed to wrestle the camera out of my pocket and snap one quick picture of him. He was only up by himself for maybe 30 seconds total, but it was pretty astounding none the less that he was able to do it at all on their first time out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home